Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year to everybody

I am going to start searching for new stuff to post. I promise this year won't be so boring, of course you all know, I will be posting financial and other relevant issues for fun, to think about, or just to consider for life.  If you have suggestions, or you are interested in a particular matter, let me know and I will try to post something on it.

I am grateful to my parents who have encouraged me to be all that I can be, and do all I want to do. Of course, my parents reminded me to be responsible, and told me to do always what is right, and please do NOT follow the herd, which I try to do, but sometimes i fail. It is ok, so they said, if i learn something meaningful from those falls. Of course, they are always right. You never forget lessons you learn in life.

Oh, well. I have been reading a book which I am about to finish very soon.  The book's title is: Millionaire Women Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D.  The same author that wrote The Millionaire Next Door. They are good books for being frugal, and living a modest life without bragging about your wealth.  I like it so far.

In addition, my friend Ms. Ringold gave me two books for Christmas which I promise to read once I am done with the one I am reading. The titles are: The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More by Chris Anderson. The second book is: A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton G. Malkiel.

If you have read any of these two last books, please let me know what you think. Happy New YEAR!!

No comments:

JFK; Bush; LBJ; Nixon