Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bread Givers

This weekend...

I been reading this book: Bread Givers by Anzia Yezierska. I had just finished it tonight. It reminded me of the struggles, and the willingness to become something in life. This is the story of an immigrant family as they deal with adversity in life, from starting all over again in a new land to becoming part of their new found home, either by will or driven by the need to survive.

This is my own story in some way. I am also an immigrant. I am trying to find a home in this new land, just as she was trying to find independece. As a woman, I am trying to change this world. I long to see women being recognized for their accomplishments not only for their looks.

Looking back, I can see how far I have walked, but I can also see how far I still need to go. Again, I am once more caught on my own thoughts... Keep looking ahead, never letting your spirit die not matter how strong you have to keep fighting. Keep yourself alive with those Dreams for your future is greater than your past.

No comments:

JFK; Bush; LBJ; Nixon