Friday, January 16, 2009

Reading...

I am currently reading three psychology books. I love reading them. These books give me so much insight about myself, friends, colleagues, and people in general. The most important factor is that I am exposed to search and look for specific issues in my personal life. I need to change and be transformed, so I can become the person that I want to be - a better human being.

A little about my readings...

Two of these books relate to our interactions to each other and our personal relationships. It is so true, your future is always tied to your past. Our earlier relationships are the foundations upon which we will build all of our future relationships. It is in this phase we learned to internalize positive or negative feelings as well as feelings of dissappoinment or validation. We try to identify ourselves with people, places or events that were part of us in the past. Perhaps, it is because we feel comfortable, but remember not to dwell on unhealthy ones or painful memories for too long. This will only bring dispair and a heavy spirity. Treasure the good memories, and store them for life.
"OUR PAST SHOULD NOT BE OUR PRESENT neither OUR FUTURE." - bf

No comments:

JFK; Bush; LBJ; Nixon